The vertical machining center is one type of CNC machining center which is developed from the CNC milling machine. The biggest difference from the CNC milling machine is that the machining center has the ability to automatically exchange machining tools. By installing tools for different purposes on the tool magazine, the machining tools on the spindle can be changed by the automatic tool changer in one clamping to realize multiple machining. CNC machining centre is a highly automatic multifunctional system tool, which may be divided into horizontal machining centre and vertical machining centre. Today we mainly discuss the vertical machining center.
Vertical machining center, short for VMC refers to a machining center with a vertical spindle, that means the spindle axis and the worktable set vertically, it may perform grinding, boring, drilling, tapping, ribbon cutting edge, and much more operating. At CNC vertical milling center, the substance to be processed will be stored onto the dining table along with the cylindrical cutters oriented on a spindle axis. Its structure is mostly a fixed column. The worktable is rectangular and has no indexing and rotation function. It is suitable for processing discs, sleeves and plate parts. It generally has three linear motions. In the CNC vertical milling center, the processed material will be placed on the worktable, and the cylindrical tool will be placed vertically on the spindle.
Advantages of vertical machining center
The vertical machining center is convenient to install, easy to operate, easy to observe the processing situation, easy to debug the program, and widely used. The vertical machining center has good performance and high degree of automation. It can process special parts that are difficult or impossible to process on ordinary machine tools;
1. Due to the simple structure of the vertical machining center, it is very easy to clamp the workpiece, and the clamping positioning and repeated positioning of the workpiece are very convenient;
2. The structure of the vertical machining center is conducive to cooling. Since the coolant sprays the coolant from top to bottom, it can be sprayed directly onto the high-temperature workpieces and tools during processing;.
3. The structure of the vertical machining center is relatively simple, so its field of vision is very wide. It can observe the running track of the tool, and it is also convenient to debug, observe and modify the parameters. It is also convenient to measure the workpiece. When a problem is found, it will stop immediately for processing and modification;
4. Compared with the horizontal machining center, the structure of the vertical machining center is simpler, with a smaller floor space and cheaper price.
Applications of VMC machine
Due to its advantages and characteristics, CNC VMC machine can be used in aerospace, automobiles, instruments, textiles, electronics and electrical, mould manufacturing, military, handicrafts and other machinery manufacturing industries that require high precision and mass production. VMC vertical machining center is mainly suitable for processing complex shapes, high precision, and multi-process workpieces. Let me introduce to you what parts the vertical machining center can process.
1. High processing accuracy is required, and the shape and structure are complex, especially the parts with complicated curves and curved contours, or the box-shaped or shell parts with no open cavity;
2. Parts that must be milled, drilled, reamed, reamed, tapped, etc. must be completed in one clamping;
3, the price is expensive, it is difficult to obtain the blank, and the scrap parts are not allowed;
4. Machining parts with low productivity, heavy labour, and difficult quality control on ordinary machine tools;
5. Military parts or multi-variety, multi-specification, single-piece and small-batch production parts used for modification comparison, performance or functional testing;
The above are the parts suitable for processing by vertical machining center. These parts are difficult to process on ordinary machine tools. Processing with VMC machine can improve processing efficiency and processing accuracy, and reduce the damage rate of parts.
You may like:
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.